April 27, 2012 - 18:19
And so you have a Drupal site. But have you made sure that your site’s content is as required? Here’s a simple checklist to help you with that:
- Protect your forms against Spam and attacks.
- What kind of forms are anonymous and authenticated users able to access on your site?
- Have you enabled CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA, or an anti-spam service such as Mollom?
- Verify that the site email address in /admin/settings/site-information is not a test address.
- Verify email addresses in modules that send notifications, and verify the text of email messages your site generates.
- Index your site for search at search settings and test.
- Ensure all relevant users are set up with correct permissions.
- Check new user reg permissions under User Settings (i.e. do new users need admin approval or not).
- Check placeholder images and copy, remove where necessary.
- Check whether content migration is complete.
- Clear all test Content or Users if any
- Make sure all static content pages like FAQs, About Us, etc. has been updated
- Index your site for search at search settings and test
- Check if one of the domain redirect options is enabled in the .htaccess file. Either redirect URLs without www. or vice versa.
- Update API keys, such as Mollum, Twitter, or Google Apps Update API keys, such as Mollum, Twitter, or Google Apps Update API keys, such as Mollum, Twitter, or Google Apps