Here’s a simple checklist to make sure you do not miss out any of the essential configurations while taking your Drupal site live:
- Set throttle value for any cron-triggered newsletters.
- Ensure feeds URLs are correct.
- Set maintenance theme and test out by taking site offline.
- Confirm site wide settings including email address settings.
- Switch email address on contact forms and other client-specific settings to the actual client address, rather than our test address.
- Write errors to the log only, don't display as messages to site visitors (Site Configuration > Error Reporting).
- Check our credit URL is correct and working OK.
- Add overnight cron to cron drupal instances job.
- When the website is running on it's final domain, ensure that the cron script that calls cron.php is updated. More info on this here.