Compaq Presario CQ40-108TU is an Intel based machine from the house of HP-Compaq. It comes with a Pentium Dual Core processor with 2.0 GHz speed, 1GB RAM, 160GB Hard Disk, DVD RW and may more. This laptop comes with a pre-installed version of FreeDOS. You would require to install an operating system to work on the machine. The company supports use of Windows Vista only. You might not find the links for Drivers for Windows XP online. Here we have given the links for the same.
Please note that there is no guarantee that these drivers will work well with Windows XP. Neither the company nor Zyxware Technologies can give the assurance. Click the following link to find more about Issues regarding downgrading from Vista and installing other versions of Windows
You may either click the given links or copy and paste them onto a new web page inorder to download the files.
1. NVIDIA GeForce Series Video Driver for Windows XP.
2. Nvidia Chipset Drivers for Windows XP.
3. Nvidia nForce Network Drivers for Windows XP.
4. UAA drivers to enable the audio hardware for Windows XP.
Note: It is strongly recomended to install ths driver before you install the audio driver. If you do not install this driver the audio will not work.
5. Conexant High Definition Audio Driver for Windows XP -AMD.
6. Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem driver for windows XP.
7. Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Windows XP.
8. HP Quick Launch Buttons for Windows XP.
Any one of the links should work.
8. Realtek USB 2.0 card reader driver for Windows xp
Note: The above Web Link takes you to a Non HP Web Site.HP does not control the content of the Web Site.HP will not be responsible for the content of the Web Site.
9. Software and Drivers for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless for Windows XP.
10. HP Pavilion Webcam Driver for Windows XP.
11. Synaptics Touchpad
Here is a web site which will assist you in Improving the Performance of Your Notebook PC with out adding additional memory.
Here is a web site which will assist you in Maximize the life of your battery:
NOTE : Clicking on the link may give an error message. Copy entire link and paste it in the address bar of a new web browser and press Enter.
Extend notebook battery life.
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the spXXXXX.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.
Trivandrum - 695004